thefaultinourblogs

The Fault in Our Blogs

Book reviews, recommendations, and other bookish things.

More Than This

More Than This - Patrick Ness I picked this one up because it was only $8 and it was featured at my local independent bookstore. (Oh, and there was an awesome blurb from John Green on the cover) I'm glad I did. Ness unfolds an immersing and complex world that has the reader asking questions with the protagonist from the beginning. There are many twists and turns, and I have to admit they took me by surprise so much that I was very vocal while I was reading this book. Vast strings of profanities flew from my mouth at several points in the book. That's one of the really cool things about More Than This: the surprise never ends, really. You think you've figured out the puzzle, then you're hit with a plot twist that shakes your whole perception of Seth's world. Also, props for POC main characters and LGBT representation that seemed authentic. That ending though. It didn't end the way I wanted it to, but I want MORE. Please everyone, read this. I finished it in just a few days even though I was also juggling readings for several classes. Now I have to read everything else Ness has written.